- All auction proceeds are returned to the United States Forest Service.
- Registration for the upcoming weekend's auction is open from Wednesday 4:00pm until Saturday at 10:00am.
- You must register or re-register for each auction. Your information is not saved.
- All Bidders are required to complete the Bidder Questionnaire after registering to bid. The Bidder Questionnaire will be reviewed before your Bidder Account will be activated. The link will be sent to you after you register. If you do not receive this email, please check your spam/junk folder. If it's still not there, please click this link to go to the Bidder Questionnaire. Please read the bidders guide for more information.
- Registering to bid does NOT guarantee that you will be an approved bidder. Questionnaires are screened as an additional precautionary step to verify adequate facilities. Facilities must be adequate to safely manage, care for, and house unhandled horses and provide access to food and water. Areas where horse(s) will be housed must be properly fenced. Barbed wire, narrow gauge high tensile wire and tee posts are not adequate material. Along with filling out and returning the Bidder Questionnaire, pictures of the facility/ corral where the unhandled horse(s) will be housed need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Bidders who are RE- REGISTERING, in addition to being required to complete a new Bidder Questionnaire, your past account must be in good standing which includes any and all additional fees due to Rail Lazy H for extended holding and/or alternative transportation costs.
- Horses will be sold at auction to the highest bidder.
- Any horse(s) left unpaid after 48 hours will be retained by Rail Lazy H until other potential purchasers or options are identified in the best interest of the health and welfare of the unhandled horse(s).
- All horses are unhandled with no training.
- All horses are considered unauthorized by the United States Forest Service. Click for information.
- Horses will be posted on the website for viewing for 24 hours prior to the auction (Friday 10 am- Saturday 10 am). The auction is open for bidding for 48 hours (Saturday 10 am- Monday 10 am). You do NOT need to register or re-register to bid if your intent is to only watch the auction. Registering or re-registering to bid does NOT give you access to other bidder's information.
- Minimum bids are as follows:
Mare and foal/ pairs= $150.00
- If two or more people are bidding on the same horse within the last five minutes of the auction closing, the bidding will automatically continue in increments of five minutes until only one person is bidding.
- All bids are final, and all bidders accept the auction terms before submitting bids.
- No refunds will be given.
- Successful bidders will be notified within 24 hours, and all credit card payments (with 4% convenience fee) will be run through within 48 hours.
- If at any time it appears a successful bidder does not have the appropriate facilities to house an ungentled horse, to include upon delivery or transfer, the Forest Service retains the right to nullify the bid and cancel the sale. In that event the bidding prices will not be refunded.
- If the winning bidder will be transporting animals across state lines, it is their responsibility to obtain required health certificates and veterinary testing needs for the incoming state. Horses must be picked up prior to health testing, horses will not be held or tested at the current holding facility; this is the responsibility of the successful bidder. For questions contact email@example.com
- Successful bidders will be responsible for picking up the
horse at the scheduled time/ date/ location with an
trailer that will be inspected for safety prior to loading. Trailers
must be enclosed and have a rear swing gate, must be large enough to
safely transport the number of horses purchased, must have appropriate
flooring, and must have an open floor design. Stock trailers with full
division gates are preferred. Failure to arrive at the pickup location
with an appropriate trailer will result in nullification of the bid.
Bidding prices are nonrefundable.
* Please understand that due to recent experiences, Rail Lazy H will no longer offer alternative transportation or any extended holding/ boarding. It is the responsibility of the individual/organization that is registering or re- registering to bid to have made arrangements prior to the close of the auction and in preparation for the potential of winning a bid on unhandled horse(s).
- All successful bidders are responsible for contacting Rail Lazy H by
within 24 hours of winning the bid and ensuring that you are available
on either the immediate Wednesday afternoon or Thursday afternoon
following the close of the auction to pick up the unhandled horse(s)
that you have won.
The successful bidder will forfeit any
claim, and the Forest Service will seek alternate placement for any
horse that has not been taken possession of by the Thursday immediately
following the close of the sale.
Example: Auction closes on Monday mornings at 10 am. You are responsible for emailing Rail Lazy H by Tuesday morning at 10 am so that a bill of sale can be completed, and the pickup time for either Wednesday afternoon or Thursday afternoon is scheduled.